“personal information” is data that can be used to identify an individual.
“processing” includes but is not limited to collecting, holding, storing, recording, organizing, adapting, using, disclosing, correcting, destructing.
Services & Linked Sites
- Applica.my Websites that may contain links to third-party sites.
- You can login to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook, Linkedin, Google+ Connect. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook, Linkedin, Google+ Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
- In using the Applica.my Services and/or the Applica.my Websites, you consent to the collections and use of the personal information by Applica.my in the ways described hereinabove (which may change from time to time) unless and until you inform Applica.my to the contrary here.
- Further, you consent to your referees, the school/college/university/institute where you have studied, the professional qualifying bodies where you received your accreditation and Employers to disclose your personal information to Applica.my.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide To Us
- Each time when you register with Applica.my for any of the Applica.my Services, you will be asked to provide personal information about yourself in order to create a Applica.my account.
- If you apply for any of our premium services, we ask you for payment and billing information. (eg, credit card)
- Whenever the personal information requested by Applica.my is marked as “Required Field”, you must provide and agree to the processing of this personal information by Applica.my. If you do not agree to provide this personal information and/or not agree to us processing it in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice, then Applica.my will be unable to provide the relevant services to you and your application for such services will be rejected.
- We collect information you provide when filling up your profile.
- You have choices to what information you would like to provide to us professionally. Profile information will help you get more out of our services, including helping recruiters and employers find you.
- If you choose to add referees to your resume, Applica.my will ask you for their names, telephone numbers, emails, position titles and other relevant particulars. This information will be enclosed as part of your job application and employers may contact them to get references for your applications.
Posting & Uploading
- Applica.my may ask your permission to post your testimonial or success story. If you agree to post your material on Applica.my Websites, you should be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Applica.my Websites and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us here.
- We collect personal data from you when you post or upload it to our services.
- When you apply for jobs, submit your resume, send out messages, when you receive or give out invitations, or when you accept or reject invitations.
Information from others
We receive personal data about you when you use services of our customers and partners, such as prospective employers and applicant tracking systems providing us job application data.
Cookies, Web Beacons, And Other Similar Technologies
- When you visit any Applica.my Websites our web servers automatically collect information about your visit to these websites, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time, date, and duration of your visit. your IP address is a unique identifier for your computer or other access device
- Applica.my may track your visits to any Applica.my Websites by placing a “cookie” on your computer or other access device when you enter. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or other access device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more effectively, as well as to provide information to the owners of the websites.
- Cookies allow Applica.my to save preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit. Cookies also help Applica.my collect anonymous click stream data for tracking user trends and patterns. Applica.my may use the anonymous click stream data to help the Advertiser to deliver better-targeted advertisements.
- You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your internet browser’s “help” file. You should understand that areas of certain websites will not function properly if you set your internet browser to not accept cookies.
- Applica.my also uses clear gifs in its HTML-based emails in order to find out which emails have been opened by the recipients. This allows Applica.my to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of its marketing campaigns.
How We Use Your Data
- To verify your identity;
- To assess and/or verify your employability and creditworthiness;
- To provide the Applica.my Services which you have requested;
- To administer and manage the Applica.my Services provided to you;
- To contact you in respect of Applica.my Services;
- To improve placement opportunities for you or for tailoring specific services to you;
- To verify your academic and professional qualification by contacting the school/college/university/institute/ professional qualifying bodies;
- To contact the referee and/or the guarantor whom details have been provided by you;
- To process your order for the Applica.my Services which you have requested;
- To investigate and resolve any of the Applica.my Services, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to Applica.my regarding Applica.my Services;
- To manage staff training and quality assurance;
- To monitor and improve the performance of the Applica.my Websites and the Applica.my Services;
- To maintain and develop the Applica.my Websites and Applica.my Services;
- To gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Applica.my to enhance and customize the Applica.my Services;
- To conduct research and development and statistical analysis in connection with the Applica.my Services to identify trends and develop new services that reflect your interests;
- To assist Applica.my in understanding your browsing preferences on the Applica.my Websites so that Applica.my can tailor content accordingly;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
- To promote and market to you other Applica.my Services; or
Services of third parties which Applica.my thinks may be of interest to you.
- To send you seasonal greeting messages and/or message informing you of a critical performance error in the Applica.my Websites and/or the Applica.my Services.
- To send you tips, advice and survey information to maximize your career development including but not limited to using the Applica.my Services and/or the Applica.my Websites.
- Applica.my gives you the option of putting your resume in the Applica.my Resume Database provided that you use Applica.my’s preset format for updating your resume.
- There are two ways of doing so:
- You can store your resume in the Applica.my Resume Database, but not allow it to be searchable by potential Employers or Advertisers. Not allowing your resume to be searchable means that you can use it to apply for a job online, but Employers or Advertisers will not have access to search it through the Applica.my Resume Database.
- You can allow your resume to be searchable by Employers or Advertisers. When you opt to make your resume searchable, your name and personal information will be visible to Employers or Advertisers who choose to view your resume from Applica.my Resume Database.
- Applica.my uses its best effort to restrict access to the Applica.my Resume Database only to those who have subscribed to the Applica.my Services, these parties may retain a copy of your resume in their own files or databases.
- Applica.my will take reasonable steps to ensure that parties other than those mentioned above will not, without Applica.my’s consent, gain access to the Applica.my Resume Database. However, Applica.my is not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of resume by any third parties.
- Applica.my reserves the right to have full access to your resume for relevant intended purposes.
Choice And Access Of Personal Information
- You may have different privacy concerns. Applica.my’s goal is to be clear of what information it collects so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example:
- You can control who you share your personal information with;
- You can review and control your subscription to various marketing preferences, Applica.my Services;
- You may view, edit or delete your personal information and preferences at any time.
- You may choose not to receive any marketing materials from Applica.my;
- You may also subscribe to additional Applica.my Services by logging into Applica.my account;
- You can delete your Applica.my account at any time in which event Applica.my will remove all access to your account and resume in the database. The deletion of your Applica.my account does not affect resumes that you had already sent to Employers or were previously downloaded by Employers or Advertisers.
Retention of Personal Information
Applica.my will retain your personal information for the period necessary to for any legal or business purposes.
Security of Personal Information
- Applica.my is committed to keeping personal information secure. Applica.my has appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on our payment gateway services are encrypted during the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- However, in any event, Applica.my is unable to secure or keep secure any information provided by you due to foul play from outside entities or acts of God, then Applica.my will not be liable
To Whom Personal Information Is Disclosed
- Personal information may be disclosed to advertisers, employers, and third parties contracted by Applica.my to assist Applica.my in delivering all or part of the Applica.my Services to you
- Part of the Applica.my Services to you, including without limitation, to the following:
- Payment gateway services for optional services;
- Profiling/assessment services;
- Online advertising services;
- Mapping services;
- Maintenance and repair services; and
- Market research and website usage analysis services.
- Strategic partners that work with Applica.my to provide the Applica.my Services or that help market and promote Applica.my Services and/or Applica.my Websites;
- The school/college/university/institute you studied at and your referees so as to verify your academic qualification;
- Professional qualifying bodies where you obtained your accreditation;
- Regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- Regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities for the purpose of detection or prevention of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or for an investigation relating to any of these;
- Any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings;
- Applica.my’s professional advisors on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisors providing advice to Applica.my;
- Any third-party which acquires all or part of the assets or business of Applica.my (including accounts and trade receivables) for the purpose of that third-party continuing to provide all or that part of the Applica.my Services which it acquired; and
- Otherwise permitted under any data protection legislation.
- Other than set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Applica.my does not sell or rent any personal information collected to any other parties.
Your Obligations Regarding Your Personal Information
- You are responsible for providing accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information to Applica.my about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and out-of-date by contacting Applica.my here.
Transfer Of Your Personal Information Outside Of Your Local Jurisdiction
It may be necessary for Applica.my to transfer your personal information outside of your local jurisdiction if any of Applica.my’s service providers or strategic partners (“overseas entities”) is involved in providing part of the Applica.my Services.
If you still have questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us here. Applica.my requests your name, phone number, email address and comments so that Applica.my may respond to your concerns effectively and works to improve the Applica.my Services and/or Applica.my Websites.